Wednesday, May 30, 2012

{may.30.}

May 30.

God regularly uses odd methods to get my attention and to encourage me. Today he used two.

This afternoon at lunch, Aaron informed me that from his vantage point, I was more overwhelmed than he had ever seen me. I am sure that in reality I have been far more overwhelmed than I am now- but his words rang true in my heart. 

I learned a long time ago that I process things aloud... but lately I have had so much running through my mind that I've gotten to know my silent side a lot more intimately just to keep my thoughts from escaping and being lost. I am happy and life feels full and satisfying, but there has been a strange grey cloud looming for a while now. For someone who rarely gets headaches, my head has been aching an awful lot recently. I worry, I stress, I get impatient, I snap... and I don't like it. 

Here are a few of the {for the most part exciting} things keeping my hands and mind busy these days: 
.1. Chick-fil-A
.2. Aaron
.3. Trying to be a decent friend to the few I do have
.4. My sister, Sophie, moving in with me for 8 weeks this summer
.5. Having an intern work with me for 10 weeks this summer
.6. Trying desperately to spend time with my sweet small group girls before they go off and leave me
.7. Keeping my apartment in order
.8. Keeping myself {and Rue} fed and watered
.9. Trying to enjoy the warm days of summer that have finally arrived

And if I am completely honest, most days I feel like a failure at all of the above {every single one}. I feel like I am treading water... just barely keeping my head above water.

Aaron was the first way God grabbed my attention. 
Pinterest was the second, and the way He encouraged me and reminded me how much He loves me and is for me.


Refreshing truth. God doesn't expect me to exhaust myself to stay afloat. 
He just wants me to stand on Him. My Rock. 

Thank you, 
B

No comments:

Post a Comment