Wednesday, May 2, 2012

{may.2.}

May 2.

Today was quite the day. Lots of very real conversations had in jest and a few in more serious tones. Lots of broken people searching for life in all the wrong places. It makes me sad. But it also made me think a lot about how different peoples lives and experiences have been from my own. There is no comparison to be made, each life is so different. And yet I am convinced that there is a common thread throughout each life that has ever been lived. 

"But now, this is what the Lord says-
he who created you, O Jacob, 
he who formed you, O Israel:
'Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, 
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers, 
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, 
you will not be burned; 
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord, your God, 
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior...
Since you are precious and honored in my sight, 
and because I love you,
I will give men in exchange for you, 
and people in exchange for your life.
Do not be afraid, for I am with you...'"
Isaiah 43:1-5a

We have been redeemed. And our redeemed lives have the potential to bring God great honor and glory. I had a friend tell me tonight that all he wanted was another shot, a fresh start, a clean slate. 
What he is blind to is the fact that we've already been offered a second chance at life. We just have to reach out and take the free gift. 

"The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, 
so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, 
who is the image of God."
2 Corinthians 4:4

What my friend doesn't {yet} understand is that we are precious in the Lord's sight... 
and we are loved. {Dearly loved.}

600

"And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
-Jesus; Matthew 28:20b

Take heart, 
B

No comments:

Post a Comment