Monday, May 21, 2012

{may.21.}

Disclaimer:
I am at a loss for words. Literally. 
I am searching for and seeking motivation, discipline, consistency, and inspiration. 
If you have found the secret to any of the above, please, do share. Thank you in advance. 

May 21.

Last week felt extra long and pretty darn stressful to be honest. People talk about the "weight of the world" being on their shoulders and I think I caught a little glimpse of what that might feel like. I felt like every day added more to my plate, so much that I felt incapable of doing anything with excellence. And gosh, that is a frustrating feeling! This weekend I was headed to Rockbridge with 20 high school kids and 4 of my YL teammates- so I decided for my sanity I needed to take a little "mental health day" before embarking on that adventure. Aaron didn't have to go to work until 2, so we packed a picnic lunch and found a grassy little spot down by the river about 100 yards from my front door. It was so refreshing to sit in the sunshine and enjoy a few moments to breathe deeply and calmly. 


God's promises are good. He knows just what I need and he provides it at the perfect time, 
in His perfect way. I am grateful. 

"I will satisfy the priests with abundance, 
and my people will be filled with my bounty, declares the Lord... 
I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint."
Jeremiah 31:14, 25

Amen,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment