Monday, May 14, 2012

{may.14.}

May 14.

Today we walked in the rain. And it was dreary. 

But I am trying to learn the lesson that sometimes what seems ugly at first is actually quite beautiful. This building is the perfect example of what that might look like. At first glance it's falling down  and overgrown and purposeless. But if you take a second look the shape catches your eye and the colors are vivid. It was something lovely to look at and I was glad to capture a photograph of it. 


That's kind of how I feel about the rain tonight. It rained practically nonstop all day, and by the end of the day I was done. Done with grey, done with damp... just done. But then the deluge started. The sky opened up and the sound was musical and the night turned magical. 

I will exalt you, O Lord,
 for you lifted me out of the depths 
and did not let my enemies gloat over me. 
O Lord my God, I called to you for help
 and you healed me.
O Lord, you brought me up from the grave;
you spared me from going down into the pit. 

Sing to the Lord, you saints of his;
praise his holy name.
For his anger lasts only a moment,
but his favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may remain for a night,
but rejoicing comes in the morning...

To you, O Lord, I called; 
to the Lord I cried for mercy...

Hear O, Lord, and be merciful to me;
O Lord, be my help.

You turned my wailing into dancing; 
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. 
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever.
Psalm 30: 1-4, 8, 10-12

I'm going to end my night by enjoying the sound of the rain splashing outside my window. 
It really is the little things. 

Thankfully, 
B

No comments:

Post a Comment