Friday, June 1, 2012

{June 1... Morning.}

So I went about .500 for my May challenge. My goal was to post every single day... I succeeded 16 out of 31 days. Not the greatest record of all time, but I'd say my first attempt was not too shabby. I have a fresh, new challenge for June. I am going to use the "photo a day" challenge from Fat Mum Slim as inspiration for my daily posts {feel free to join me and play along}. Who knows what will show up in these posts. They might be image-based. The prompts might lead me on some wild stream of consciousness. We will just go where the wind blows us. Let's start strong with June 1st.

Morning.

It is 7:37PM and nowhere near morning. When I saw this prompt, the first thought I had was, "Darn, I guess I won't have anything to contribute today." But the second was this:


It is a desktop background from Kelli Trontel's blog. You can download it for free here.

I took advantage of her desktop background offer last month, too, when I saw it on my sweet friend, Meredith's, blog. My computer displayed this image for the month of May:


I love that Kelli offers these beautiful images. I stare at my computer screen for hours every day and it is delightful to have something pretty to look at. The quotes have struck a chord with me so far, too. 

"Your big opportunity might be right where you are now."
-Napoleon Hill


That spoke to me in May... and now here we are... it is a new month. June already. Can you believe it? May was a pretty good month and gosh, it was over in the blink of an eye! I have high hopes for June and June's inspirational quote is just that... inspirational. 

"Life itself is a privilege, but to live to the fullest- well, that is a choice."
-Andy Andrews

"He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him."
-1 Thessalonians 5:10

"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
-John 10:10

Summer officially starts in June and I have a special place in my heart for summer. Flip flops are well within my comfort zone. Watermelon makes my world a little sweeter. The freckles on my shoulders start to show themselves as soon as the sun touches them. Lightening bugs come out to play. It is a glorious time of year. It's not quite morning, but morning is a beginning and so is this new month. 


So hello, June... and good morning. 
B 

1 comment: