Sunday, May 13, 2012

{may.13.}

May 13.

Yesterday was a busy day. That's my excuse for blowing it. That's my excuse for missing day 12 of my challenge. But yesterday was also a lot of fun. I have been going to my home group for the past 9 months and it has been a blessing to be part of such a special group of people for this season of my life. This weekend we ended the semester with a cookout by the river. It was so nice to sit around the campfire with good food and good friends. Almost everyone was able to make it so we had lots of people to catch up with and lots of little kids running around the yard {and falling in the river}. Our music minister and his wife were kind enough to open up their home {well.. backyard} to us and John took the little kids on canoe rides to their hearts' delight.

{Floating down the South River.}

Needless to say, it was my last priority to hurry home just to post about the cookout on my blog. Instead, I chose to sit and enjoy the evening with my friends while the sun set around us. 

"So I commend the enjoyment of life, 
because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. 
Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life 
God has given him under the sun."
Ecclesiastes 8:15

Happily, 
B

No comments:

Post a Comment