Friday, May 4, 2012

{may.4.}

May 4. 

My best friend and I have been waking up early every morning this month to walk before the heat of the day. So far we've been as faithful as I have been to my blog challenge {aka: so far so good}. Taylor is way more disciplined than I am, so that has been a huge help in keeping me on track {and the fact that she has a key to my apartment helps matters a lot}. 

The City of Waynesboro recently completed a really cool project: the Greenway-- a path from the YMCA near my house, to Constitution Park, planned so that you get to walk along the South River for .88 miles. There is a lot to see in that .88 miles- both biological and man-made. This morning I strapped my trusty iPhone to my arm and was able to capture this shot through the fence:


I don't know what it is exactly, but it reminds me of something I would have traced for "inspiration" in one of my Interior Design classes in college. I love the lines. I love the wear and tear. And I love the juxtaposition of this structure on one side of you and the river flowing gracefully on the other as you walk along the Greenway path. Pretty neat. 

{And yes, I just used the word 'juxtaposition'.}

Until tomorrow,
B 

No comments:

Post a Comment