Monday, November 15, 2010

A Day Off

After some debate and many conversations about my working on Saturdays (Jay wanted me to and obviously I was opposed), we decided that I would try taking Mondays off instead (that way I'd have Sunday and Monday off back-to-back and feel the relief of an actual break). Today is the second of these Mondays off and it feels wonderful! Last monday was a great day, very productive and full of new experiences, but it was full to the brim and I wouldn't really call it a relaxing day. So today my plan was to stay in and bond with my apartment. (:

My mama bought me this mirror as a "house warming gift"- I love it!

I thought I'd share some of the thoughts that are running through my head and shaping my day off:

1. I love the food channel.
The one and only thing I miss about having tv is not having access to the food network.
So hallelujah for the internet and the next best thing- Foodnetwork.com!!
Today has been filled with Giada and Ina (yes, we are on a first name basis!).
It is truly inspirational and I might have to actually make dinner this week (any takers?).

2. Yesterday I came to the conclusion that I have found my 'style icon' for life-
Diane Keaton
Here are some ideas of what I hope to exemplify stylistically in my adult life-


Thoughts? I'm excited about this discovery! (:

3. I love fresh flowers!
Kroger had these little "manager special- $1.99" at the check out yesterday so I grabbed a few bunches; my mantle changes on a regular basis-


4. The gray day outside was repeating one word to me over and over: SNOW. I got a little nervous about the fact that I hadn't set up my heat yet- so I finally called Columbia Gas and they'll be here Thursday. So far my trusty little space heater (and my neighbors heat) has kept me toasty- but better safe than sorry I suppose.

5. My apartment is kind of a mess and I am totally not done moving in.
The other day someone said, 'you were an interior design major- you need to do more than this with your place.'
Yes, thanks you very much, I'm quite aware of this fact! Give me some free time and finances and I'd love to make my place as snazzy as it is in my mind!! Here is my inspiration- I.Want.This.Couch. It's from the movie 'Because I Said So'- what is with me and Diane Keaton these days? (If you see anything that resembles it- call me immediately! Ha!)


Until then... baby steps, and my attempts for now will be directed at keeping it clean!
All in all, it's been a good day off, a fun day in, a very peaceful day by myself. I'm excited to see what these Mondays off look like over the next few months!

We are called to enjoy a sabbath and until today I am not sure I have ever experienced one!

"There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God;
for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his."
Hebrews 4:9-10

"All the lands are at rest and at peace; they break into singing."
Isaiah 14:7

We can't break into singing without the peaceful rest!
Take a break and enjoy!!

Peacefully,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment