Saturday, November 27, 2010

be thou my vision

The lyrics of this song (especially the first 4 words- "Be Thou my vision") have been on my heart tonight as I fight with myself for the truth that God's love is "better than life" and nothing can compare.
Nothing will ever compare.
Lie: In this life, the best is yet to come.
Truth: I am his and he is mine. So the best is right now.
There is a version of the song on the playlist below- by Rebecca St. James (it may even be playing now)-
it is beautiful!
(The lyrics are slightly different.)
Enjoy and be blessed.

"Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best thought by day or by night
Waking or sleeping Thy presence my light

Be thou my wisdom and Thou my true word
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord
Thou my great Father, and I, Thy true son
Thou in me dwelling and I with Thee one

Riches I heed not nor man's emptly praise
Thou mine inheritance now and always
Thou and thou only first in my heart
High King of heaven, my treasure Thou art

High King of heaven my victory won
May I reach heaven's joys, O bright heaven's Sun
Heart of my own heart whatever befall
Still be my vision, O Ruler of all"

"Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you."
Psalm 73:25

"What is more, I consider everything a loss
compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord,
for whose sake I have lost all things.
I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him..."
Philippians 3:8-9a

"Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands."
Psalm 63:3-4

"You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing."
Psalm 145:16

You are my all-in-all. Satisfy me, Lord.

Amen.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment