Monday, January 3, 2011

The love of my life

When I fall in love, I fall hard. And this past weekend I fell in love.

Here is the conversation that took place between me and my mom:
Me: "Hey, Mom.... how much would you pay for a 5' x 7' rug that is the love of your life?" [said completely straight-faced and serious while sitting on the aforementioned rug in the middle of Target]


Mom: [laughter]
Okay, so it wasn't much of a conversation...

Like I said, when I fall in love, I fall hard. And that rug is now mine. It sits in all of its plush glory on my living room floor. ("Merry Christmas to me....." was my song as I left the store with my new friend.)



I am like a protective mama to that good looking rug- I avoid walking on it in my shoes, and yet I relish sinking my toes into it. It is perfect. The blues match the (also perfect) blue that I picked for my living room walls; the yellows are the exact butter yellow that I chose for my (yet to be painted) dining room... and I could go on and on.



I want to show it off to as many people as possible- so come on over! Just make sure to wipe your feet before you step... on second thought- maybe you should just take off your shoes completely. And I'm pretty sure I just became 'that person' who says all food and drinks must stay on the hard floors, away from the rug. Okay, okay, I won't go that far. But it is pretty sweet and I think it calls for some sweet company and some major lounging- let me know if you're interested! (:

Happily,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment