Saturday, January 1, 2011

I call you friends (Part 2)

Today I want to introduce you to my friend, Lauren. Lauren is the owner and operator (yes, that was a Chick-fil-A reference... oh geez!) of the blog Busy Bee Lauren.

Lauren is a 22 year old interior design student who lives in Mesa, Arizona with her husband Ted (sounds a little familiar, huh? ...well the 22 year old part and the interior design part at least, not the Mesa part.... or the Ted part sadly). Lauren is beyond sarcastic and pretty far out there; at first I wasn't sure if I thought she was funny or just strange (I decided her humor will never be my humor, but I definitely like her). She inspires me on a regular basis with her creativity- both with her choice of clothing and in the way she decorates her home (both on a pretty tight budget- which I relate to and respect).

Lauren and her family are Mormons and she takes her religion very seriously. It has been interesting to read what she writes about being a Mormon and it has given me many things to think about and question in my own life and relationship with the Lord. Don't get me wrong, I think Mormons are way off, but their devotion to and understanding of what they believe is pretty incredible; something I can definitely learn from.

"Now the Berans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians,
for they received the message with great eagerness
and examined the scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true."
Acts 17:11

Lauren is beautiful and funky, and while she seems so confident in her individuality and unique personality, she regularly shares her personal battles with poor self image on her blog. It is compelling to read someone share their life- the highs and lows- so transparently. That is a huge reason that I visit Busy Bee Lauren day after day.

Lauren is my age and at my stage of life, and yet the same time, not at all. I can't imagine what it would be like to be married at 22, but I hope it would be something like Lauren's relationship with Ted. They love each other, but it's not boring or typical at all!! I'm so encouraged to see how much fun they still have together (they've been together since high school- so 7 years!!).

The other day I mentioned that I did not admire Stephanie for her blogging skills... today I must admit that I do admire Lauren for her blogging skills! She cares greatly for the upkeep of her blog and for those that read it. She updates very regularly- sometimes even twice a day! I've learned a lot about what it looks like to have a successful blog from reading hers.

So, head on over to Busy Bee Lauren and say hello to Lauren (and Ted). I think you'll be glad you did!!

Enjoy!
B

No comments:

Post a Comment