Saturday, August 6, 2011

mormon humor

I appreciate different blogs for different reasons. Some give me design inspiration and good D.I.Y. ideas (Jones Design Company), some encourage me spiritually (dontwasteyourcancer and Hope in a Boy's World), and some are just familiar and I like to keep up on the lives of my blog-friends (don't judge me...).

While I read the aforementioned blogs for the above reasons, I do not necessarily read them for their contribution to the literary world or because they are particularly good writers (most of them are "bloggers" not "writers"). CJane is a "writer", and a very talented one, too!

I am not Mormon, and to be completely honest, I believe that most Mormon doctrine is way off. However, for some strange reason I follow several blogs written by Mormon women (Lauren, mentioned in this post, Stephanie, mentioned in this post, and CJane) and I must say that while their theology may be lacking, their humor is not! Courtney Jane Kendrick cracks. me. up. Last night she posted this video and I sat in my living room alone and laughed out loud. (disclaimer: I promise I'm not making fun of Mormon culture anymore than she is making fun of it herself)


Okay, I just watched it again- I had to!!
Questions about the Mormon nametag: --"What if you were at the bar...?"-- (I was rolling... much like Courtney.)
Statement about her Vlogs: --CJane: "I don't know if you watch these, Mom." Sister Clark: "I don't."-- HILARIOUS!
Reading the email from an angry reader: --"'They are not so cute to other parents, they are pains in the --' Courtney: "Well I would say it but you're on a mission, so..." ohhh laughing SO hard!
Did you laugh?? Please tell me yes!! I think she's a hoot! And the fact that she can poke fun at herself only endears her even more to me.

Have a beautiful day! (and make sure to laugh at yourself!)
B

1 comment: