Saturday, February 12, 2011

Something beautiful

A lot of times when I am driving down the road, I am struck by the thought, "this place is incredible- why would anyone want to live anywhere else?" This week I got off work early one day, so I decided to make a trip up to Harrisonburg. I like to take one particular route because of the scenery and it turned out to be such a good choice Tuesday. It was right at sunset and the sky was seriously blowing my mind. I didn't want to miss one cloud or one burst of color, so I started slowing down and grabbed my phone for the camera. I had some time to spare, so I decided to chase the sunset. I pulled off on a random side road just to find the best view. Despite the slight danger and the people driving behind me thinking I was crazy, I was in awe, and I had to capture what I was seeing. There is no reason the sky should look like that. Well, actually I take that back- there are 2 reasons the sky looks like that-

1. The earth can't help but cry out in praise to it's creator- the way that we are made to.
"I tell you," he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out."
Luke 19:40

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Psalm 19:1

2. God loves us so much that he chooses to dazzle us with beauty. Just because.

Photobucket

It was incredible and as though the land and sky were shouting 'hallelujah' and saying, "how could you possibly not believe in and worship the One who created us? He is so good!"

"...since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.
For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities-
his eternal power and divine nature-
have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made,
so that men are without excuse."
Romans 1:19-20

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

"Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad;
let the sea resound, and all that is in it;
let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them.
Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy; they will sing before the Lord..."
Psalm 96:11-13

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."
Isaiah 55:12

God knows me, and he knows what rocks my world and brings me to my knees. He knows that when I see the sky turn incredible colors and the clouds race across the sky I am enraptured and my thoughts immediately go to the One that made it all. I believe with all of me that the sky during that drive was crafted just for my enjoyment- because God is good and oh, how he loves us!

Thankfully,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment