Sunday, February 13, 2011

Face off

This week I experienced one of the funniest moments of my Chick-fil-A career (so far- I am sure there are plenty more to come). Let me set the scene:

Last week was "Free Breakfast Week" in our Chick-fil-A region- so each day throughout the week, we offered a select free breakfast entree. It was, for the most part, controlled chaos (as controlled as it can be giving away 922 Chick-fil-A biscuits for free on an already steady Friday morning). Waynesboro sure does love free stuff (I mean who doesnt? But Waynesboro patrons really are one-of-a-kind!) and one of my favorite things to do is give away free food! Anyways, it was Tuesday morning (or maybe Wednesday, I'm not really sure, all of the days from last week pretty much blur together) at about 8:30am and I was checking on the cow we had on the corner of one of the major intersections in town. My little cow was doing alright and I was about to head back to the store when something caught my eye. Across the street, in front of Shoney's was a little bear mascot. (Who even knew Shoney's had a mascot? Yeah, me either!)
Here it is-

{I know, it looks like it's terrifying that poor kid!}

I will never regret something as much as I regret not getting my own picture of what I saw that morning because it did not stop at the mascot itself- no, no there was more. Our sweet little cow carried a sign that said, "Free Breakfast Now" and that little bear held a sign of it's own- a real classy, sharpie on poster board sign. It said, "Real Breakfast Now." I almost rolled down the hill from the laughter that rocked me. The Shoney's bear was trying to start something with our Chick-fil-A kid cow! I immediately texted Jay and told him to drive by on his way to work to get a picture but by that time the bear (who obviously didn't have the stamina of our more experienced cows) had already retreated inside. We waited eagerly for that little bear to resurface, but he never did show his face again.

That is not the first battle our faithful mascot has encountered (there was this other time with 'Grimace' the McDonald's mascot-


I know, what kind of name is Grimace for a kid-friendly mascot?) and I'm sure it won't be the last. But Chick-fil-A will hold on to it's class and stamina and will always be the last one standing! But I have to thank that little Shoney's bear for bringing light to my week and making my day!
(If anyone sees that bear again, I will PAY you to take a picture for me!)

I felt a little bad because I'm sure our free breakfast was taking a chunk of Shoney's breakfast sales last week (and hopefully in general), but 1. whoever named them "Best Breakfast in the Valley" has some serious issues- I won't lie, I love me some Shoney's, but it is not the best around and 2. don't mess with Chick-fil-A breakfast. It's bangin'.

Still laughing,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment