Monday, February 28, 2011

Rainy Monday

It's a rainy monday and it has made me weepy all day. I hate that. Rain is life-giving, and yet when I watch it fall outside the windows I find myself drained and feeling dreary. Rain also makes me very thoughtful and pensive and I find myself processing and analyzing things (sometimes too much). So, it sounds strange, but while I sit and type, I have to make a conscious decision about what I want to think about.

The good or the bad.

The encouraging or discouraging.

The temporary or eternal.

And so on and so on.


"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith..."

Hebrews 12:2


"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.

For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

2 Corinthians 4:18


So, what will I choose to fix my eyes on?

Will I choose to think about the rain, or the fact that I can sit in my living room tonight with the windows thrown open because it is delightfully warm outside?

That is all for now.


Thoughtfully,

B

1 comment:

  1. Super lovely blog you have here!


    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete