Tuesday, July 3, 2012

immeasurably more

Every now and then I think the silence on my sweet blog speaks louder than any words I could write. It's been a crazy month. A hard month. An overwhelming month. A full month. And a good month. My mind is on over-drive with so much to think about, so much to remember, so much to wonder.
Here is one of the sweeter things running through my head lately--

My sweet friend Suzi saw this video and was kind enough to share it with me. It awoke something deep inside of me and gave me a renewed hope and dream for what God has in store for me one day. He really does want so much "good" for us. And his "good" is lovely.

Enjoy:



Doesn't that make your heart smile? A real-life fairy tale. Sometimes I hear of stories like this one and I think it could only come true in the movies... but that is a lie! Amanda and Jacob are very real (even in their dream-like winter wonderland). The love God has for them is my story too, and the way he has knit their hearts together can be my reality one day. Their vows spoke to my inner most being and I loved every word Amanda and Jacob committed to each other. My favorite line of Amanda's is, "I want to thank you for pursuing a heart of God in order to find me. You were worth the wait." And my favorite line of Jacob's is, "I don't need you. Amanda, I hope you see the strength in that statement. I need Christ and him alone... But I choose you.... and because he gave me his wisdom, I chose absolutely flawlessly." Beautiful.

"Look at the nations and watch-- and be utterly amazed. 
For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, 
even if you were told."
Habakkuk 1:5

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, 
according to his power that is at work within us, 
to him be the glory... forever and ever. Amen."
Ephesians 3:20-21

To him,
B


No comments:

Post a Comment