Saturday, June 2, 2012

{June 2... Empty.}

Empty. 

Today was graduation day for the Class of 2012. I can not believe my sweet girls have actually graduated. I know I sound sentimental and maybe a little cliche, but I honestly do remember meeting them for the first time almost four years ago. Today came way, way too fast. I was sure I would weep my way through the graduation ceremony, but my eyes remained dry. I thought that today would make me feel empty, as my purpose for moving to Waynesboro walked across that stage... but all day my heart was nothing but full. I got to see 7 of my best friends turn their tassels and toss their caps. I got to celebrate these lovely girls all day long with delicious food and delightful company. I got to catch up with good friends I haven't seen in a while and laugh 'til my sides ached. 

{A little piece of the day: Nichole, Kylie, Alycia, Dani, and me at graduation party #1.}

One of my sweet girls wrote this in a note to me: "Thank you for your leadership, your friendship, your hospitality, your boldness, your words, your example, and your time. These last four years would have been very dark without you in my life." It wasn't always smooth sailing, but those two sentences made the past 5 1/2 years of my life more than worth it. Every hour I spent, every mile I drove, every tear I cried.. worth it. 

"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. 
Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, 
because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 
1 Corinthians 15:58

"Let us not become weary in doing good, 
for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."
Galatians 6:9

Today was a glimpse of that harvest. Life being lived to it's fullest. Laughter and love in abundance. Community and celebration at it's best. And it was a gift. 

So the only thing empty on this lovely day was the evening sky. And I can definitely handle that.



Love,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment