Wednesday, April 25, 2012

ben.

Ben Rector sounds a little like Michael Buble... but with a heart to glorify Jesus through his music. 
I got to see Ben perform twice this weekend {in D.C. on Saturday and Lynchburg on Monday} and he seriously blew me away. {Did you notice, we're on a first name basis, because did I mention I got to meet him, too?? Yeah, that was pretty cool..} 


Anyways, you should download his sampler for FREE on Noisetrade. It's awesome. 

In the meantime, here are a few of my favorites: 

"When a Heart Breaks" by Ben Rector

'I know the pain of a heartbreak
I don't have answers and neither do you
I know the pain of a heartbreak

This isn't easy, this isn't clear
And you don't need Jesus 
Til you're here..'

Sometimes when the storm hits, we think we've been forsaken. But the reality is the opposite. Jesus never leaves our side, the storms are just what make us recognize our need for him {because otherwise we tend to think we're all set on our own.. and we're not}.

"Be strong and courageous. 
Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, 
for the Lord your God goes with you; 
he will never leave you nor forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze."
Isaiah 43:2

"'Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,' declares the Lord."
Jeremiah 1:8

"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."
Exodus 14:14

"White Dress" by Ben Rector

"The Beat" by Ben Rector

"Her heart is broken 
But she won't say that
Her heart is broken
But she can't go back

Your heart is a lonely one.."

Our world is a broken one. And without Jesus, our hearts are broken beyond repair.

"The light shines in the darkness, 
but the darkness has not understood it."
John 1:5

"He who was seated on the throne said, 'I am making everything new!'"
Revelation 21:5

"The Kill" by Ben Rector

"He's still feeling like he's 16
And you're chasing all of the same drink
Only living on the weekend nights
The card is empty but the tab got paid
I think it's funny how some things change
There's got to be more to life

He can't stand knowing he's dying
Tick tock timing
He feels the kill
And my God, he'd love to know why he's dead inside
'Cause he just can't get his fill..

Pretty dead on, huh? What is our world living for? What are we chasing? Full life is offered as a free gift... but will we take it? A head knowledge isn't enough. Will I really open up my heart and my life to accept what Jesus offers- which is so much more that I could ever dream of. 

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine
according to his power that is at work within us, 
to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, 
for ever and ever! Amen."
Ephesians 3:20-21

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, 
and all these things will be given to you as well."
Matthew 6:33

Just a few thoughts, courtesy of Mr. Ben Rector.
Thanks, Ben..
B

No comments:

Post a Comment