Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter.

I think Easter is underrated. It has become so commercialized that it gets lost in the haze that is gigantic chocolate bunnies and baskets and Easter egg hunts. But it is honestly the crux of it all {...get it?} Christmas is beautiful and incredible- but without the cross, without Easter, we would be just like everyone else on Earth. Hopeless. Easter makes the world go 'round; it gives life meaning and purpose where otherwise there is none. Because of Easter we have a living God. Because of Easter we have hope.

Photobucket

{My parents' church in Roanoke holds one big service at the Salem Civic Center. It would be easy for the room to feel cold and sterile with all the seats and concrete, but it doesn't. So much effort is put into making that huge room a place of worship. Flowers and banners and most of all people fill the room.
Those seats didn't stay empty for long.}

Photobucket

{Aaron, and I did the Daniel Fast for the last three weeks of Lent- meaning we gave up eating and drinking basically everything that was not plant based. Twenty-one days with no meat, no dairy, nothing with yeast, no coffee, no sugar... nothing. So finally on Sunday morning I got to celebrate that Jesus is risen AND I got to break my fast. I chose Dunkin' Donuts. Boston Creme and a Mocha Iced Coffee with cream and sugar. Yum.}

Photobucket

{It was such a treat to be with these two lovely girls for a few days. Now that we live in three different towns, it is a challenge to get us all home at once. But that was part of what made Easter so special this year. The older we get, the more we- finally- start to appreciate each other for the gifts that sisters really can be.
Three peas in a pod.}

Photobucket

{That family is the biggest blessing of my life. Looking at those pictures puts a welcome lump in my throat. They are some of my best friends and I wouldn't trade them for the world. Everyone has their own opinion-
but who do you think looks alike in the Shelton family??}

He is risen,
B

4 comments:

  1. AWWWWW, I love this!!!! So beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet girl!! I love blogging because I know you'll be kind enough to comment (:

      Delete
  2. I think the sister pictured in the middle looks like both of you, however you and the end sister don't look too much alike(well as much as sisters who look alike can't look alike). Make sense of that jibberish???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha which picture?? We switched order in the two photos.. The tall one is Rachel, the one with short hair is Sophie

      Delete