Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A day in the life

Do you ever have those moments that you realize you've made a major blunder but by the time you catch yourself there's just no going back? No pretending you didn't just do what you just did? You know what I'm talking about. Yeah... I had one of those memorable moments today (and yes it was witnessed and obvious).

The scenario played out something like this:

I was at work this afternoon, when all of a sudden a guy I know walks past me on his way to the bathroom. So of course I smile and wave and say a loud, "Hello!" Well... it turns out I was wrong. This guy was not who I thought he was. Now, bless him, he tried to play along and make my life a little less awkward by waving back but by this time I'd realized my mistake and proceeded to erase all of his kind attempts by saying (again, loudly), "Oh, funny! You totally look like so-and-so!" And then to the people around me, "Hey, doesn't he look like so-and-so??" By the time I was finished making a fool out of myself, the poor guy was practically diving into the bathroom (probably hoping to hide from me and my never-ending awkward moment).

Oh geez.

Needless to say, when he exited the bathroom I hid my little face and minded my own business as if nothing out of the ordinary had ever happened. Nope, I've never stuck my foot in my mouth in public... who me?? No, never!

Oh ya know, just a typical day in the life...

Silly me,
B

2 comments:

  1. so very glad I was able to witness this in real life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! thanks for playing it off and not making me feel quite as foolish as I actually was (:

    ReplyDelete