Thursday, June 23, 2011

Utterly Amazed

It's been a season- a pretty tough season lately. But I know those are the times I grow the most. Always. I was reading the other day and my team was heavy on my heart. The Lord brought his words into my mind and opened the pages of my Bible to just the right passages (funny how he does that...over and over and over....)!

"If a house is divided against itself,
that house can not stand."
Mark 3:25

No ifs, ands, or buts about it!
That's just how it is- plain and simple, I think Jesus makes himself pretty darn clear. And yet how often have I believed with all of my heart that I can do it best alone... or at least that I have no other choice but to try? Wrong.

Our team verse this past year was-

"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement
give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus,
so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Romans 15:5-6

Unity.
Such a foreign concept.
One that I usually think is impossible, at least for me. And a concept that is even harder for me to fathom as I sit in Waynesboro apart from the rest of my team as they lead our camp trip at Saranac Village in New York. How can there be unity when I am separate?
But then God whispered goodness into my listening ear--

"Look at the nations and watch-
and be utterly amazed.
For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe,
even if you were told."
Habbakuk 1:5

I would not believe what God has planned even if I were told...

"However, as it is written: 'No eye has seen, no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him'"
1 Corinthians 2:9

-and that's just it- it's HIS plan, not mine!

So I will just ABIDE. Another hard, hard concept (I always related to the lyrics of The War's song "Never the Same," when it says, "I have too much pride to abide"), and yet God promises that it will bring blessing and goodness.

"...and see if I do not throw open the floodgates of heaven
and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it."
Malachi 3:10


And so, I'm praying for you, team. See you Saturday!

Amen.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment