Sunday, July 17, 2011

summertime.

One of my favorite things about the summer is that there are so many tasty things to eat right off the vine (or bush or branch). My number one {unattained} goal is to pick corn. The other day when Taylor and I were in the car I felt compelled to apologize. "Um... sorry, I'm having trouble focusing on the road because I'm too busy looking for berry bushes." Ridiculous.

I have recently found that I have no green thumb whatsoever. And when I say none, I mean I have killed two very live plants since living in this apartment (and one lasted less than a week- sad). So thankfully, Taylor's family lives right down the street and they have a wonderful little garden in the back yard full of yummy (very alive) things for me to pick and eat to my heart's content.

Cucumbers.
Peas.
Tomatoes.
Strawberries.
Blueberries.

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

"Then God said, 'I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth
and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food... And it was so."
Genesis 1:29, 30b

Yum.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment