Wednesday, September 19, 2012

quirks

A certain sweet guy left me a little note today while I was at work listing a few of the interesting and unique personality quirks he has come to know {and hopefully love} over the past year. I laughed the entire time I read his list because he was spot on with so many of them! I thought they were good enough to share so here ya go! 

Bethany's Quirks:
She...

...loves the 'small silverware' 
(true story. ask me which fork I want and I'll tell you the small one.)

...believes her left side is her good side 
(correct again)

...prefers to "pancake" instead of "waffle" when holding hands 
(my small group girls can attest to the truth of this one)

...will clean when she's frustrated 
(it really is the only way my dishes get washed)

...prefers to be hot instead of cold

...hates warming up food in the microwave- unless it's a dessert 
(true- microwaved chicken is basically rubber.. gross)

...will raise her eyebrows at anything 
(I honestly can't help it!)

...loves to write with Pilot G-2 0.7 pens 
(close... they are actually 0.38- the skinnier, the better)

...will choose Dunkin' Donuts over any other thing in the world 
(slight exaggeration, but I can see where he's coming from)

...thinks that book jackets get ruined, so you will never see her reading a book 
with a jacket on it 
(true story- my books could write their own book about all of the places they've been.. jackets would get torn to shreds on day 1 of their journey with me)

...loves ranunculus 
(they're beautiful)

...knows the name of just about every plant or flower imaginable 
(not sure where this one came from other than the fact that I kept correcting him on our walk the other evening and I guess he just decided I must know everything since I kept telling him he was wrong... oops)

...HATES to run, but will choose a walk date any day 
(unless I'm having an angry day.. then I might be known to run-walk. yes it's a real thing.)

...has a different outfit for practically every occasion, season, or day of the year 
(it's a bit of a problem.. but that's a different blog post for a different day)

...is very particular about my {Aaron's} appearance 
(I just like it when we match.. that's all.)

...HATES my {Aaron's} blue backpack 
(it reminds me of high school. I generally hate most things that remind me of high school. AND he refuses to zip all of the pockets. not okay.)

...is always in the mood for thrifting 
(see 'has a different outfit for practically every occasion, season, or day of the year')

...will get very emotional about a tv show or character 
(hey now, those are my friends you're talking about. One Tree Hill. enough said.)

...is super sassy to anyone and everyone 
(I'm still not sure if this is a compliment or not)

...will always compliment my {Aaron's} smell if I put on cologne 
(it smells SO good)

...will do anything and everything by herself that she is able to do 
(this one was news to me.. but I don't think he's too far off base)

...can make a mean dinner time and time again. especially her chicken 
(I am known for making perfect chicken every time. Come over sometime to see for yourself!)

...is very intentional and specific with her journal entries; content and styling 
(they are some of my very best friends. and another quirk- handwriting is VERY important to me... so they kind of go hand-in-hand)

...HATES to be called "Beth" 
(yuck. don't even go there.)

So, what do you think? Pretty much hit the nail on the head, huh? Isn't it fun to see yourself through someone else's eyes? A little scary to have someone else paying attention to {and maybe even challenging} the nitty gritty of your personality, but kind of a thrill at the same time.

"Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. 
Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account."
Hebrews 4:13

Maybe I'll put together my own list for Aaron and share what I come up with. 

Have a blessed day,
B

1 comment: