Tuesday, January 24, 2012

unveiled faces

"And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."
2 Corinthians 3:18

A few things I am contemplating today-

What does it mean to have "unveiled faces"?
How do I even begin to "contemplate the Lord's glory"?
Am I ready to admit that I'm not doing the transforming but instead I am "being transformed"?

Photobucket
{photo by Aaron Mallory}

"I wish you could see me now
I wish I could show you how
I'm not who I was..."
-'I'm not who I was,' Brandon Heath

A little more like Him today than yesterday.. but one day {soon} the work will be complete...

"Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.
Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known."
1 Corinthians 13:12

And it feels like that day is unreachable, but the truth is that it is right around the corner.

"Behold, I am coming soon!"
Revelation 22:12a

"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise , as some understand slowness.
He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish but everyone to come to repentance."
2 Peter 3:9

He is patient with me, and therefore I will be patient.

Gratefully,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment