Sunday, September 25, 2011

right off the stalk

Remember this post?? Guess what... Goal ATTAINED!
That's right, my friends, these little hands picked an ear of corn right off the stalk.

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

I got to visit my sweet friend Ginny for one of her {many} bridal showers and she happens to live in a town more densely populated by corn than people. So after eyeing the cornfields for days and talking myself out of my strong {and somewhat rational} fear of the snakes that naturally inhabit the fields, I walked across the gravel path and made my dream come true. I felt like Pocahontas herself! All I needed to complete my vision was a basket to carry my treasure on my head. {Am I getting ridiculous yet?} All in all it felt just like I'd always imagined. Unfortunately, the corn I picked wasn't "sweet corn" {who knew there was a difference??} and I had to leave it behind instead of making my prize my meal. Still, the experience was satisfying enough to carry me for a while... so until I decide thievery isn't actually all that bad...

Much love,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment