Tuesday, April 5, 2011

we are the children

The first time I heard this song I felt an overwhelming sense of comfort. Third Day is one of my all time favorite bands- I've seen them in concert, I have all of their songs memorized- the makings of a true fan right here. So one day when I wanted to hear the song, I searched for it on Youtube and stumbled across the "official music video." Oh.My.Goodness. Goosebumps invaded my skin and I realized why I feel that consuming, peaceful feeling every time I hear the song. 
It's about me.
"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, 
that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!"
1 John 3:1

Praise to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ
Our God and our King, to Him we will sing
In His great mercy He has given us life
Now we can be called the children of God
Great is the love that the Father has given us
He has delivered us, well, He has delivered us
Children of God, sing your song and rejoice
For the love that He has given us all, oh, whoa
Children of God, by the blood of His Son
We have been redeemed and we can be called
Children of God
Children of God
Your mystery is revealed to the universe
The Father above has proven His love
Now we are free from the judgement that we deserve
So we are called the children of God
Great is the love that the Father has given us
He has delivered us, He has delivered us
...

We are the saints, we are the children, we've been redeemed, we've been forgiven
We are the sons and daughters of our God
We are the saints, we are the children, we've been redeemed, we've been forgiven
We are the sons and daughters of our God
...
-'Children of God,' Third Day

My small group is reading Hosea right now and this morning we read this verse--

"Yet the Israelites will be like the sand on the seashore, 
which cannot be measured or counted. 
In the place where it was said to them, 'You are not my people,' 
they will be called 'sons of the living God.'"
Hosea 1:10

That is our story. That is who we were and that is who we are and whose we are.

"This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my savior all the day long."
-'Blessed Assurance,' Frances J. Crosby

"Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, 
he gave the right to become children of God--"
John 1:12

What a beautiful, beautiful thing.
We are so incredibly loved and He has such good planned for us. Let us never forget it.

Amen,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment