Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Continued (take 2)...

March 10th 12:30pm:

My body doesn't know what to think after walking so much yesterday. We covered a ton of ground from 7am to 11pm! Today is a slower one so far- mostly because Erica has to work and the rest of us are on our own in the city. We've parked it in one of Erica's favorite coffee shops for now- 'Random Order.'

Photobucket

I've been taken aback time and time again on this trip by just how much I've changed over the past 2 years. It feels like night and day in my head and in my heart. I did not appreciate these girls or this community nearly enough when I lived in the midst of them and it- but now that we are scattered across the country, and now that I live alone, I have a pretty clear view of the opportunities I had that I missed. But like I said, I am a different person now and this girl has a different heart and perspective than that girl did.

"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:21-23

To be continued,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment