Monday, August 16, 2010

write them on your gates

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.
Love the LORD your God with all your heart
and with all your soul and with all your strength.
These commandments that I give you today
are to be upon your hearts.
Impress them on your children.
Talk about them when you sit at home
and when you walk along the road,
when you lie down and when you get up.
Tie them as symbols on your hands
and bind them on your foreheads.
Write them on the door frames of your houses
and on your gates."
Deuteronomy 6:4-9

(Proverbs 4:23)

(Psalm 37:4)

In both houses that I lived in during college, I made my walls constant reminders of God's word.
I miss those walls!

I have been out of college, and thus out of those houses, for a few months now, but I still feel called to have scripture in front of me at all times. In response to this, one of my closest friends and I committed to meditating on a single verse throughout the day every day- (it's not something that comes naturally, but having it memorized by the end of the day is always a beautiful outcome as well). When we first talked about the idea, I shared the Deuteronomy verse with her and she told me that she was not writing Bible verses on her forehead (: ...but in all seriousness, it has been pretty incredible to watch the ways that the Lord can move in me and bring about sweet conversations throughout the day simply by a reminder as small as a verse written on your wrist.

Today's verse was:

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
Psalm 19:14

Have a beautiful night, friends!
B

No comments:

Post a Comment