Tuesday, August 17, 2010

so are my ways higher than your ways

You know how they say "hind sight is 20/20"?

I believe that statement with all of my heart.


God's plans and his thoughts and his ways are so much bigger than mine could ever be. But isn't it amazing how often and how easily I can forget that and pretend to know best!


"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,

neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD.

As the heavens are higher than the earth,

so are my ways higher than your ways

and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Isaiah 55:8-9


Who would have ever thought that the small town of Waynesboro, VA would be where God called me and where I want to be more than anywhere else in the world at the ripe age of twenty-two? And yet it is! Who would have thought after 4 years of school to be an interior designer, that I would be working as the Marketing Director for a brand new Chick-fil-A store? Who would have thought that I would still be hanging out with high schoolers after I have graduated from college? And that it would bring me far more joy and peace and purpose than it ever did when I was a high schooler myself. Who would have thought? I am convinced that at the beginning of time God did. He planned it out perfectly and now he is carrying it out and will continue to do so as long as I invite him to.


"...being confident of this,

that he who began a good work in you

will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

Philippians 1:6


Trust him... He knows what he's doing.


Joyfully,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment