Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Jesus Calling

This morning I was spending some time with Jesus and was smacked in the face with the reality that if I just sit down, close my mouth, and open my ears, God will meet me {and fight for me}! 
"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." Exodus 14:14

His words are true and his actions are full of love and purpose!
Here is the gift He gave me this morning:

"Make friends with the problems in your life. Though many things feel random and wrong, remember that I am sovereign over everything. I can fit everything into a pattern for good, 
but only to the extent that you trust Me. Every problem can teach you something, 
transforming you little by little into the masterpiece I created you to be. 
The very same problem can become a stumbling block over which you fall, 
if you react with distrust and defiance. The choice is up to you, 
and you will have to choose many times each day whether to trust Me or defy Me." 
-Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

A lot in my life has been feeling random and wrong lately... a lot. But his compassions are new every morning {Lamentations 3:19-26} and God loved me enough to give me a reminder this morning that the trials aren't for nothing and he will work them all out for my good as long as I trust Him to do so. 


"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, 
'This is the way; walk in it.'" Isaiah 30:21

Thankful {full of thanks}, 
B

No comments:

Post a Comment